The Road

The Road

Friday, September 20, 2024

Progress

 Yesterday I worked on the Moto Guzzi sorting out the leaks in the carbs. After fooling around with them for what seemed like forever I discovered the problem was in the new fuel lines I ran not the carbs as I thought. So, I drained the gas tank thru both petcocks into a can through a funnel with white cloth in it to check for dirt or rust. It came out clean. Then I put the old fuel lines back on and had no leaks. I finally got it running mid day and took it up the street. It felt good so I decided to shut it off and test ride it around town after dinner when the traffic is all gone. The test ride went well and today I'm going to ride her and see how it all works after riding for an hour or so. If that is good then she's fixed and I can move on to the valve adjustment and oil change. Gonna order a new rear tire today and some other bits for both the MG and the BMW to get both bikes ready for inspection. Yesterday was a good day. It sucks that all my travel plans have been ruined for this year but sometimes these things happen for a good reason so I'm going to make the best of it and not let it jam me up. While looking through some files I came across a photo of me on my 1969 Yamaha DS6C. I've owned this bike since Oct of 1972! I think I'm going to take her out for a ride tomorrow and give all this work a rest while I reconnect with my old friend.

As I get older I realize that I have to sell some of these bikes off.It is a burden having to work on them all the time. This DS6C is a keeper. So is the 1971 Yamaha R5, the 1975 Moto Guzzi , and one of the 3 older  YDS series Yamaha motorcycles I have.  Four is manageable, right now I have six on the road and god knows how many projects. The 75 Yamaha RD350 will be the first to go, in fact I think I'm going to put it on Craigslist tonight and I may even list my 1966 Plymouth Valiant convertible. Been taking it to car shows with a 4 sale sign and now it's time to advertise it as well. It's time for me to get back to the things that matter to me  like my core collection of motorcycles, my wagon, and either my camp or getting another place up there to replace the camp. Time is moving fast for me now. Soon I'll be gone


The  Herd


The 66 Valiant 




No comments:

Post a Comment