The Road

The Road

Thursday, September 19, 2024

Working On The Moto Guzzi

 So now I'm up to my eyeballs in work on the Moto Guzzi.After doing a rebuild on both carbs I installed them only to have a leak.Didn't take long to see where it was and now the fix is happening.It was these two bolts that hold on the filter housing on the side of each carb.The fiber washers were worn out and not sealing. Luckily I remembered I had the two carbs from the parts bike I bought a few years back so I dug them out.They had the housings and the bolts.I took them apart carefully and the washers are still in decent shape .So, I cleaned up the bolts and left the washers in place then soaked them overnight. Now it's time to put this thing back together. Sure hope this fixes it.



My garage is total chaos ever since Covid. I just let it all go to shit.Well,that is about to change. After this job on the MG is finished I'm going to start getting organized so I can work this winter.I need to get rid of the 1975 RD350 and then begin the clean up.Well, back to the job at hand


With a bit of good luck the Moto Guzzi should be up and running today so I cam test ride it and then set the valves & change the oil.Have to order a new rear tire too.Had to use the one I bought for it back in the spring on the front of the BMW K100.They are the same size. So,when this bike is fitted with new tires and brakes, all tuned properly, and both are inspected I'll have both my over the road bikes set.At that point I can turn my attention to the four two strokes I have registered and once they are finished I'll be all set for next year. The two strokes are easy,just a cleaning and adjustments really. Time to go to work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment