The Road

The Road

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Down To The Wire

Down To The Wire: The last week has been insane! I fixed my friends Honda 450 and then moved out of my storage garage in 90 degree heat.It was close to 100 in the garage packing up .Had to move car motors,engine crane,countless transmissions and a few rear ends ,box after box of assaorted auto parts.Sold a few things like a 66 Valiant interior to a friend building a 64 Valiant convertible . That helped ,gave me enough money to buy fuel from here in NY all the way to the Upper Mid West ! Also been working on the bike at night. Everything was going smoothly until last night.I was doing a brake job on the front brakes when I discovered the threads were striped out on one of the brake caliper mounts on the fork leg!!! I saw this at midnight so you know I didn't get a good night sleep last night.Tossed and turned for 2 hours thinking of ways to fix it if I couldn't get a Helicoil that would work.8AM I'm at the auto parts store and my friend who works there is working.I see his bike as I pull up and I knew I'd get what I needed.Yup,I got the right stuff and now I can put the thing together and move on to the less stressful jobs I need to do like getting the wiring all straightened out.I am leaving on Tuesday morning.My friend Ariel is riding out with me on his mid 70's Ducati.We are meeting at the Ferry Terminal and taking the boat north to Conn. then heading west and thru northern PA on back roads all the way to Ohio to Vintage Days at Mid Ohio Sports Car Course.After that event is over I'm on my own and FREE!!!!! Tick Tick Tick ,the clock is ticking and the time is short now.
Thank god for Helicoils is all I can say right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment