The Road

The Road

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Quality Time

Quality Time: Now it's June 2010 and It's getting close to my departure . -------------------------------------------------------- After working 17 days in a row out at the Vinyl Victorian in the last big push to get as much finished as I can before I begin my journey westward to the mountains and beyond I decided to spend a weekend of quality time with myself. Friday I left work at noon,came home ,showered and got on a train into Manhattan to go to an opening of a friends art exhibit.That was ok but you know,those artsy rich people aren't really my kind so after about a half hour I booked and started to wander.Plugged in my Ipod and took a nice walk on the High Line then went and had some dinner .After dinner I went to one of my favorite bakery's ,Bruno's way downtown and had an espresso and a few goodies.Ended up walking down to the river.Man,has that place changed from back when I used to hang out there in the late 70's.It was nice sitting by the river watching all the people go by and just listening to music taking it all in.I miss the World Trade Center though. Everytime I look in that direction I see a hole in the sky but all the lights in all the buildings on both sides of the river looked really nice and I just relaxed and enjoyed myself.Got home around mid night.Saturday I rode with my friend Mike in the morning then just took a nap .I slept all afternoon! Sure felt good to just rest after pushing myself like I have been doing.Mike and I decided we'd rebuild the carbs on my Moto Guzzi on Sunday and that's what we did.It was a good day.Now my bike is starting to run really well.Each time I do something I see a real improvement and I'm becoming confident that it will do just fine this summer on this long trip I have planned.I love playing in my garage!It's an extension of my twisted mind .It's chaos and somehow it works perfectly.I know where everything is and can just grab what I need and the work flows like water over smooth rocks.Go figure , you'd never guess it looking at the reality of the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment