The Road

The Road

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Friday Night Progress Report

Friday Night Progress Report: ------------------------------ Worked all day painting the foyer with the 20 foot high ceiling at the Vinyl Victorian ,the name I gave this house I'm working on, and after dinner went over to my friends house and attacked the bike.Took off most of the stuff I need to get at the motor starting with the tank & seat and moving into the more tedious stuff.Bagged each component with all the nuts & bolts for it to speed reassembly too.
I worked on it 'till about 10 PM before heading home very tired but happy. All this work is being caused by this one little find I made one day when I opened up the transmission fill plug to check the fluid level.See the silver goo on the end of the plug here? That's metal particles! Very fine metal particles being picked up by the magnetic tip of the plug.This tells me something is very wrong in there.It still works just fine but this is a symptom of a problem that could really fuck up my trip .
If I were to ignore this like some guys would I could have a real bad time out on the road or not but I don't want to find that out.I think it's a bad bearing causing the lay shaft to become misaligned and wear also causing the front seal to leak fucking up the clutch..So,I spent a thousand dollars on a new clutch/flywheel kit and a good (hopefully) used transmission and a full set of oil seals.What the fuck,it would cost that much to truck the bike and me home from out west and the stress and inconvenience is something I don't need. I get enough of that crap here with dickhead at the plastic covered palace out in lala land.So today I'm going to dig out my transmission jack to support the the motor as we lift the bike off the motor!.That should be an interesting photo!.My other friend Mike is going to help me today 'cause Paul has shingles and is real tired.He's almost over it but he's really beat from it. This is the new clutch that is going in today
Sure glad we waited to do this until this weekend. Last Saturday it was 70 degrees out and I was riding this mother,today it's only going to be 40 degrees, right now it's only 28 degrees. Thanks to Paul I'm in a heated garage ! I'm a lucky man to have the friends I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment