The Road

The Road

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Life On The Road

Life On The Road: Life out here on the road is real good ! I rode thru blistering heat for 3 days but hey,it's summer.I started typing a post yesterday but never finished it so here it is and I guess I'll finish it now. The trip started off at 5 am and by 8 it was already 95 degrees out and climbing.We rode all day in 100 degree heat to a state park about a third of the way across PA where we camped for the night.The bike ran well and things are ok. on Wed we rode to the far side of PA to a park on the Ohio border .Again it was a ride in 100 degree heat but we rode on back roads all day and it was fun .Dead tired when we rolled in for the night but after a swim in the lake next to my tent I felt refreshed .Thursday we rode to the event with a stop in Northern Ohio to look at these puppies Ariel wants.He and his wife are getting one of them so we figured while we were in the general area we could check out the breeder. That was fun and then we hit the interstate to head south to Mid Ohio Sports Car Course where the vintage motorcycle event is held. My buddy Greg from Vancouver rode over to the event towing a 1966 Yamaha behind his 2009 Kawasaki!!!!! Yes,there will be pictures but not tonight I'm beat.I left Mid Ohio this afternoon and now I'm in South West Michigan headed for the ferry to Wisconsin and west!I'm tired and ready for bed.I took a motel room 'cause there is nowhere to camp around here and it was getting dark and the fucking deer were gathering on the side of the high way .Don't need that crap so I went for a room and here I am.I'm a thousand miles into the trip and the bike is running great,I feel good,and the weather has been ok.So,there you have it,my first post from the road as I head out into the world of the unknown all alone now on my 1975 Moto Guzzi 850-T. Some call me crazy and reckless.I heard all sorts of crap about how I'm too old and what if and bla bla ball I know Is I'm going and there's no stopping me now !

No comments:

Post a Comment