The Road

The Road

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Riding The "T"

This blog is about my cross country motorcycle trip on my 1975 Moto Guzzi 850 - T . As always anything I do always starts out in chaos and a huge amount of hard work to make order out of that chaos. This is how this trip began in March of 2010 three and a half months before my departure on what would turn out to be a three month journey covering 14,000 miles in two countries alone. But,as we all know,you are never alone on a vintage motorcycle. ---------------- Bike Work : Yesterday I left work early so I could get home and ride my Moto Guzzi over to Paul's house.The work has begun ! Got the bike over there just as he finished moving his stuff out of the way and we got it up on the lift. Pulled the drain plugs out of the engine and transmission so they can both drain over night. I'm committed now!Friday night we are going to rip it all apart and start wrenching.I can't wait! Here are some photos of his garage.As you can see we have everything we need including a milling machine,lath,drill press,shop press,and so on. This job is going to be fun.Paul and I have been building bikes together on & off for about 15 years and work well together.
Hopefully this job will get done by Monday or Tuesday night so I can start using it to ride to work . We are only doing the motor and transmission work now.The other upgrades like the fork work and front brakes & new cables will get done in a few weeks after I ordered all the parts.I don't want to tie his garage up for too long at one time and prevent him from working on his own stuff. So there you have it,after months of going on & on about doing this it's finally happening and not a moment too soon!There will be lots more over the next few days I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment